[Samba] Winbind in Samba 2.2.5 not automatically mapping the NT users wit h corresponding UNIX accounts

Wieprecht, Karen M. Karen.Wieprecht at jhuapl.edu
Wed Aug 14 09:55:01 GMT 2002

Running the SGI freeware build of samba 2.2.5, using winbind successfully
(wbinfo -u works like a champ)and security=domain.

NT users with no corresponding UNIX account correctly map into a UID range
listed in my smb.conf file,  but NT users who happen to HAVE a corresponding
UNIX account are mapping in as "domainname+username" instead of just
"username".

The fix for this used to be  to set "winbind use default domain = yes",  but
that doesn't seem to do the trick at 2.2.5.   I'm just not getting my
username mapping to work as I expected.  Yes, I know that the point of
"security=domain" is so you don't have to have a corresponding UNIX account,
but some users already have accounts on both platforms,   and I would like
to avoid making a username map for users whose usernames already match.

Help with this would be appreciated,

	karen.wieprecht at jhuapl.edu