[Samba] Firewall, PDC and access restriction

Kai Blin kai.blin at med.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Aug 14 03:08:00 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 14 August 2002 14:03, Benjami Delichere wrote:

> I installed a SNF 7.20 firewall and a Samba/Debian PDC. I wonder if it's
> possible to restrict web/ftp/mail access according to user's group ...
> (the only way I now would be to restrict access according to IP adresses
> but I'm not interrested in this solution).

You can enforce SMTP after POP, so users will only be allowed to send mail
after authenticating with POP, ftp uses user authentication anyway, and
apache can use lots of ways to authenticate users. Please google for those
things :)

> Is there a way to do it with Samba (I guess no but any idea would help ...)
I doubt it's useful to do with samba.. you could use winbind and pam to do it,
if your password server was elsewhere..

HTH, Kai

--
Kai Blin 	Linux system administrator 	Tel: Ring-86592
Allgemeine Chirurgie 	Universitaetsklinikum Tuebingen

Things will be bright in P.M.  A cop will shine a light in your face.