[Samba] samba & acl & xfs

Antonio Nikolic tony.n at web.de
Wed Aug 14 01:23:00 GMT 2002

Hi all, again.

I am trying to set up samba with acl-support on a debian woody (final) box.
The kernel has got XFS-support and getfacl and setfacl are working fine since
I have built the acl-debian packages from SGI's acl-sources. Also attr-dev, acl-dev
and the appropriate kernel-headers are installed. The acl.h can be found in /usr/include/sys/.
But all my efforts trying to implement xfs are honored by samba with the well known configure
messages:
  checking for _acl... no
  checking for __acl... no
  checking for _facl... no
  checking for __facl... no
  [..]
  checking whether to support ACLs... checking for acl_get_file in -lacl... no
  checking for ACL support... no

I did ldconfig after installing attr-dev and removed config.cache, nothing helped!
so, what is wrong here? what am I missing?

thx in advance,
tony.n