AW: [Samba] Simple and Stupid Share...

Torsten.Wally at mewa.de Torsten.Wally at mewa.de
Tue Aug 13 04:54:00 GMT 2002

Hello together!

I didn't read the whole thread, but if you simply want to connect to a share
without
beeing prompted for a password, try to use the following configuration...

security = server
password server = %m

which means the following:
password server: (excerpt)
The name of the password server takes the standard substitutions, but
probably the only useful one is %m , which means the Samba server will use
the incoming client as the password server. If you use this then you better
trust your clients, and you had better restrict them with hosts allow!

I don't know if this one works for win 98, too.

Regards,
Torsten