[Samba] RE: Unable to reregister samba server with Primary Domain Controller

Ian Scott ian.m.scott at stud.man.ac.uk
Fri Aug 9 15:09:10 GMT 2002

The answer to this turned out to be rather unusual.

We recently had our photocopier's network software upgraded so that it could
act as a big printer.

Anytime Samba attempted to find the PDC, it sent out a broadcast message,
and the printer replied, saying yes I'm BMS-NT-SVR, when of course it isn't.

Problem solved by pulling out the photcopier's network cable, and logging a
very angry message with photocopier servicing company.

Ian Scott.