[Samba] Samba and AIX Version 5.1

Pascal pascal at vmfacility.fr
Thu Aug 8 10:56:03 GMT 2002

This is what I installed :

# oslevel
5.1.0.0
# lslpp -l rpm*
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description
  rpm.rte                   3.0.5.31  COMMITTED  RPM Package Manager

  rpm.rte                   3.0.5.31  COMMITTED  RPM Package Manager
# rpm -qa | grep samba
samba-client-2.2.3a-1
samba-common-2.2.3a-1
samba-2.2.3a-1

And that works without problems and no compilation.

However I would not say samba is bug free... ;)
If you dont need features of 2.2x stay in 2.0.7.

Pascal