[Samba] question.

Luis Jimenez Luis.Jimenez at dressbarn.com
Thu Aug 8 10:48:02 GMT 2002

	Hi, I just installed samba on an AIX 4.3.3 unix server. I am having
problems connecting to it but do not know why. testparm, smbstatus all look
good however other commands are not working. If I use the smbclient -L
host_name -U user_name from the server I just installed samba to a remote
samba server I get a positive response. If do smbclient from the remote
server to the server I just installed samba I get an error.

smbclient -L dbsts  -U root          "dbsts is the server where I installed
samba"
added interface ip= ip of localserver bcast=bcast ip nmask= nmask ip
session request to dbsts failed (code 0)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (code 0)

	On the other hand, I smbpasswd command does not work either. This is
what I get when I use it.

smbpasswd "it takes me to the entering passwd prompts then I get an error"
unable to open passdb database
failed to find entry for root
failed to modify entry for root.

	Any input that will help me resolv this problem will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Luis