[Samba] Old Samba - New Solaris - Max. number of Groups?

peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Wed Aug 7 19:34:02 GMT 2002

Hi, just wondering if there was a problem with Samba 2.0.6

not recognising membership of more than the default  number (16)

of unix groups.

When an administrator was added to more than 15/16 Unix groups in the
/etc/groups file, he no longer had access to shares on that server.

Can anyone give me more information about this bug / feature
and if it is now fixed in 2.2.5.

We do plan to upgrade to a newer Samba soon
just wondering if anyone can give me more information on this problem.

We have Samba 2.0.6 on Solaris 8  using Win NT, & 2000

Would appreciate any input thanks

-peter.

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or National Transport Secretariat, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.