[Samba] importance of sid and rid?

Hardi Gunawan hardigunawan at inbox.lv
Wed Aug 7 02:00:04 GMT 2002

Seems that I'm replying my own posting :)

I've just downloaded Samba 2.2.5, and it seems that there's a new -S option in
smbpasswd to enable the Samba machine to obtain the SID of the domain
controller.  But how about the RID?  What's the effect on having a different
RID for each users?

Sorry, I'm quite a newbie in this RID and SID....