[Samba] Samba printers published in AD?....folders too!

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 6 04:59:02 GMT 2002

Sorry for not putting previous text in this reply...notes keeps crashing
when I do.

Drew, it is possible to publish the samba printers, in just the same way
you publish an NT printer.  I believe if you look in the "Active Directory
Users and Computers" MMC snap-in (though it could be a different one), if
you right-click on pretty much any object, you are given the option to
"publish downlevel printer...", and it will go in that container object, so
be careful which one you do it in.  It will contact the samba server and
get all the driver info it needs.  It should work with 2.2, and does it all
using the SPOOLSS code.  I have used it successfully.

You can also publish shared folders in the same way.

----------------------------
Jim McDonough
IBM Linux Technology Center
Samba Team