[Samba] Print share using hpoj.

Trevor Fraser trevor at systematic.co.za
Tue Aug 6 04:51:02 GMT 2002

Hello all.

The set up:    - Kernel 2.4.18-3
                    - HP Office Jet K80.
                    - USB port
                    - hpoj-0.8 driver

I've been struggling installing and configuring the new driver for Linux/USB printing, due to a couple of silly mistakes.

The question here is are there any differences in setting up a print server using this new driver than the usual one?
I've set up the printer locally, (on the Samba server I'm going to use as a print server too), to test if all is working, and I can print a test page from printconf-tui.  When I used printconf-tui, I specified "Local Printer Device", do I leave this as is for my Samba print share, or do I use one of the other options, like Windows Print Queue?

(or should I just go for it and see what happens.......)

Chow, Trevor.