[Samba] 'incorrect parameter' on 9x login

Laurence lmclean at ep.com.au
Tue Aug 6 00:05:02 GMT 2002

Hello there,

Im having some trouble with a red hat server running Samba and trying to
get 9x clients
to logon.
At the logon screen (with it set to log on to an NT domain) you try and
put a password in
and it gives the incorrect parameter prob.
I have made sure that my Netbios name and Workgroup are different. the
security is set to User
and none of the users have a null password.
If you need a copy of my smb.conf i will happily supply it (i dont have
it at the time of this email)

I have also looked through the HOWTOs and FAQs and stuff, and have tried
the Domain one (DOMAIN.txt)
but still to no avail...
I can log into it by using smbclient, supplying the password etc and it
works fine, but just not
from the 9x clients...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By Laurence