[Samba] RE: winbind and gdm on RH7.3

Harold Riggs hriggs at speakeasy.net
Sat Aug 3 20:39:02 GMT 2002

Hi,
    How can you arrange for graphical logins (gdm or kdm) on a RH7.3 box
that are authenticated against an NT domain controller?
    I have winbind running and can successfully run wbinfo. I have
configured PAM for
login and have been able to successfully login from a text login prompt
to my Linux box using my NT username and password. finger works, etc.
   But I have failed to configure gdm or kdm so that I can authenticate
a user via a
graphical login. Is this possible? which PAM modules must you configure?
I tried
gdm, xdm, adding one for kdm, but I am not sure how to configure the PAM
modules
for this.
    Hal Riggs