[Samba] share not enabled after samba upgrade

Trey Nolen tnolen at internetpro.net
Thu Aug 1 09:47:02 GMT 2002

I have a Debian server running Samba that I just upgraded from Samba 2.0.X
to 2.2.3a. All the configuration files stayed the same, but after the
upgrade one program is giving errors.  This is a program that several people
use at one time. After the upgrade, only one person at a time can use it at
a time. The program gives an error that says that sharing is not enabled for
drive F:. It says that share or vshare needs to be run in the autoexec.bat.
All my other programs are working fine.  I tried changing oplocks to no, but
then it wouldn't even let one person in the program (it gave the same
error). Any ideas on what I need to change?

Trey Nolen