[Samba] samba 2.2.3a with ldap

Samuel GAUTIER s.gautier at unidirect.fr
Tue Apr 30 02:45:02 GMT 2002

Hi there !

I'm using Samba 2.2.3a with Openldap 2.X and the IDEALX tools (smbldap-useradd.pl etc...)

When i connect to my samba server from any Windows 2000 workstation through the Network Browser providing any user account (login/password) stored into my ldap directory it Works !!!!!
Next i create an account for a new computer like this "smbldap-useradd.pl -w station1"
But when i try to join this windows 2000 workstation into my domain providing the administrator account it fails with a message like this :

" An error as occured while trying to join the domain "DOMAIN" :
The mapping between the accounts names and the security IDs have not been performed"

This is a translation from the french message OK !!!!

Please help me !!!
sam.