[Samba] Accessing PCs from UNIX

Nicholls, Carol c.nicholls at vr-centre.com
Tue Apr 30 03:10:03 GMT 2002

Hello

We use both IRIX (Silicon Graphics version of UNIX) and Windows (98, 2000,
NT) operating systems.  We can see all directories from Windows but we
cannot
see PCs on the network from UNIX.  We have set up a 2000 server and would
like
to back up the data using the backup system on the UNIX side.  To do this we
need
to access the 2000 server data from the UNIX end.  Would you be able to tell
us
how we do this please?

Many thanks

Carol Nicholls

Carol Nicholls, Assistant Technical Manager
Virtual Reality Centre at Teesside Limited
Borough Road
Middlesbrough TS1 3BA
Tel: +44 (0) 1642 384303
Fax: +44 (0) 1642 384310
email: c.nicholls at vr-centre.com
http: www.vr-centre.com
Wholly owned company of the University of Teesside

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended solely for the use of the addressee and others
authorised to receive it.

If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any circulation or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify us immediately by telephone on 01642 384317 or
e-mail enquiries at vr-centre.com

The Virtual Reality Centre at Teesside Ltd makes every effort to ensure that
this e-mail and any attachments are sent virus free.  However it is the
responsibility of the recipient to perform any checks they deem necessary.