[Samba] Delays with windows 2000

Egidijus Antanaitis e.antanaitis at lukoil.lt
Mon Apr 29 08:55:02 GMT 2002

Installation: Linux RedHat 6.2, Samba 2.2.3a in windows 2000 domain
environment. Authentification is done through winbind. Every time I
initially connect to samba share from windows 2000 client, I must wait about
three seconds, windows 98 doesn't have this problem. Why does windows 2000
workstation feel this delay? I put windows 2000 workstation in /etc/hosts,
but it didn't help. Samba's logs don't show anything weird also. Thanks for
any ideas.

My smb.conf:

[global]
    workgroup = L.B.S