[Samba] Delays with windows 2000

Chris Smith chris at realcomputerguy.com
Mon Apr 29 10:21:36 GMT 2002

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the Samba docs, but wouldn't you need "host"
to be in the "name resolve order" for Samba to use hosts, or DNS for
name resolution?
Since Win2k/XP are DNS/hosts centric OS's that only use WINS/lmhosts for
backward compatibility one should be able to have a WINS free network if
all the MS OS's are 2k/XP and if Samba can resolve via DNS/hosts (maybe
I'm assuming too much on Samba's part).