[Samba] Samba and NT 4.0

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Apr 28 16:28:02 GMT 2002

Here is all I have to make windows98 boxes and an XP laptop access my
linux samba server, without a password. I have read only = yes but you
could change that if you have to write to it. You wouldn't need strict
syn either, unless you are writing to the samba server, I think. Ditto
the veto files.  About no services responding, have you gone through
DIAGNOSIS.txt in the source docs/textdocs?  Look at your firewall,
make sure samba is running, look in your samba log, look in
/var/log/messages, and so on.

Joel

[global]
	encrypt passwords = yes