[Samba] Samba and NT 4.0

Rasmus Nielsen rasmus at narani.dk
Mon Apr 29 00:31:03 GMT 2002

Hi

The best way is to add a unix user and group named pcguest and then set
guest account = pcguest in the global options and read list = pcguest in
your share, this will make any pc on your lan able to read from the share,
if you want write access, then just put writ list = pcguest and  read only
= No guest ok = Yes

Male sure all your computers are in the same workgroup as the samba server
and that you don't have any ip restictions in your smb.conf blocking your
NT boxes. Also if your running any kind of firewalls on your NT's, this
might couse the 'no service' problem.

regards
Rasmus Nielsen