[Samba] Home share stay in list

Ivan Guštin ivan at elin.hr
Sat Apr 27 14:17:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've already saw that many other users have the same problem, so I am
interested if somebody have adequate solution for this.

In short: Samba 2.2.3a, clients Windows 2000 Pro, with many users on the
same machines. When new user log in, he or she can see all previous used
home shares, even he/she cannot see inside other's shares. But, it is so
irritant having dozen of user's shares in browse list.

Restarting Samba clears that old unused shares, but this is not a solution.
Because of that, I think that the problem is in nmbd cache, which cache is
not aranged when some user logoff.

Thanks for any idea.

--
Ivan Gustin