[Samba] Home share stay in list

abartlet at samba.org abartlet at samba.org
Sat Apr 27 14:36:02 GMT 2002

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 11:15:37PM +0200, Ivan Gu¹tin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've already saw that many other users have the same problem, so I am
> interested if somebody have adequate solution for this.
>
> In short: Samba 2.2.3a, clients Windows 2000 Pro, with many users on the
> same machines. When new user log in, he or she can see all previous used
> home shares, even he/she cannot see inside other's shares. But, it is so
> irritant having dozen of user's shares in browse list.
>
> Restarting Samba clears that old unused shares, but this is not a solution.
> Because of that, I think that the problem is in nmbd cache, which cache is
> not aranged when some user logoff.

Incorrect.  This is correct behaviour.  The [homes] share dynamicly creates
the extra shares as they (or [homes] itself) are accessed.  The client
is keeping the connection open, causing this behaviour.

We can't have different share lists for different users very easily, becouse
a 'tree id' for the connection to the tree is valid for all vuids (user
connections)

Andrew Bartlett