[Samba] Getting Samba up and Running

Robert Skujnieks rob.sku at sarahgroup.com.au
Mon Apr 22 23:25:03 GMT 2002

Hello all,

I am having problems getting my Samba Server to work as a PDC, version
2.2.3 and I am not sure why I can not get any NT Workstations to Join
the domain at all. It says that a primary domain controller can not be
found for this domain, does not matter what name of the domain I have in
there, or what Name Server I change the name of the Samba server to.
Also I have another issue that when I am working with the system,  I
have a standard config file, and still I can not get onto it al all. Can
someone please tell me where I am going wrong, and do not say, I am
using NT4 !

Thanks

Please find below my smb.conf file.

[global]
security = user
status = yes
workgroup = SARAHGROUP (*)
wins server =  (*) This needs to be set to the Wins server address
encrypt passwords = yes
domain logons =yes
logon script = scripts\%U.bat
domain admin group = @adm
guest account = no
share modes=no
os level=65
[homes]
guest ok = no
read only = no
create mask = 0700
directory mask = 0700
oplocks = false
locking = no
[netlogon]
path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
writeable = no
guest ok = no

What else am I missing ?? I have read the documentation on the Samba web
site, and I think I have done everything else correct. Help anyone !

Robert S