[Samba] Samba+Ldap - trying to change password

Peter Erickson redlamb at redlamb.net
Mon Apr 22 10:15:02 GMT 2002

I have been following the howto for samba and ldap from the idealx.org website, but im having trouble changing the password. Unfortunately, I dont know perl good enough to debug this myself. When I run smbldap-passwd.pl testuser, i get the following output.

root at sideswipe% smbldap-passwd.pl testuser
Changing password for testuser
New password :
Retype new password :
Change password of an LDAP user

usage: /usr/local/bin/ldappasswd [options] [user]
  user: the autentication identity, commonly a DN
Password change options:
  -a secret  old password
  -A         prompt for old password
  -s secret  new password
  -S         prompt for new password
Common options:
  -Z         Start TLS request (-ZZ to require successful response)
Can't return outside a subroutine at /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd.pl line 170, <STDIN> chunk 2.

Any help that anyone could give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
Peter Erickson
redlamb at redlamb.net