[Samba] Checking installed software on Windows boxes

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Wed Apr 17 10:18:02 GMT 2002

We have the same issues-what about using the Windows Sheduler
on the Win9x PCs, NT's at, and Win2k's Task Scheduler on the
PCs to run the script instead?  As long as they're
authenticated to the samba server (logged in, wkstn locked?)
it might work for you.  Watch out for running the script
against a mapped drive-I found out Win2k's backup won't
run if the user is logged out, due to the un-mapping on
logout.  Setting the backup location to the UNC works fine.
e.g. u:\\-backup-\diff.bkf fails, unless logged in;
\\server\user\-backup-\diff.bkf works logged in/not logged in.

Jim