Antw: [Samba] Re: [Netatalk-devel] AFP_Resource files when copying files from NTFSvolumes viaexplorer

Daniel E. Lautenschleger dan at bocklabs.wisc.edu
Wed Apr 17 10:04:02 GMT 2002

I'm not sure what the problem is here. I share files out using Samba and
Netatalk on a SuSE 7.3/Samba 2.2.3a-15/Netatalk 1.5.3.1 with no problem at
all. You need to do something like the following in your Samba shares,
however:

[Bocklabs]
        comment = Bock Labs Files
        path = /data/Bocklabs
        browseable = Yes
        writeable = Yes
        public = No
        inherit permissions = yes
        veto files = /.AppleD*/Network Trash
Folder/TheFindByContentFolder/TheVolumeSettingsFolder/Icon*/Temporary
Items/
        delete veto files = yes

The "veto files" listing above is all on one line. It's probably showing
up as wrapped text on your e-mail client.

-Dan