[Samba] Samba Setup??? Need help!!

Macedo, Flavio A flavio.a.macedo at intel.com
Wed Apr 17 08:14:02 GMT 2002

All,

I am trying to setup samba on my linux platform (RedHat 7.1). I have the
smb/mnbd service running. But when I go to the Windows box and try to map a
drive to my machine, I get the error massage saying "Network Path not
found......"
I can ping the linux machine from my windows machine and vice-versa. My
question is: what else do I have to do to have samba running?
Is there any special modification that has to be done on the smb.conf? If
so, what do I need to change?

I ran the testparm and it seems to be running fine...

Can anyone help me? I really need to have this done ASAP. Thanks

Flavio Macedo