[Samba] Beeweeb, Samba killer?

Thom Paine thom at darksaber.com
Tue Apr 16 07:21:07 GMT 2002

Well I downloaded it and am going to give it a shot. I wonder how stable
it is over dialup. I have a few people who would be interested in this.

-=/>Thom

On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 09:44, cmefford at avwashington.com wrote:

    http://www.beeweeb.com

    Some of my folks here pressured me
    to try it out. So I did. Works pretty well
    but I know nothing about it other than it
    works for windows and mac clients and works
    across public networks like nothing if
    you open the needed ports.

    It's kinda bothersome. I don't know where
    this software came from or how it works.

    I've been using Samba for 7 years, and Netatalk
    for 5. I don't want to change, but this software
    offers some functionality that is "user friendly"
    and I'm afraid my users are going to start
    demanding it.

    Does anyone on the list know anything
    about this software?

    Thanks in advance.

Red Hat Linux release 7.2.93 (Skipjack) running Linux Kernel 2.4.18-0.22
Load : 1.12 1.17 0.84, AC on-line, no system battery