[Samba] Problem with "passd chat/passwd program"

Mac dmccann at nibsc.ac.uk
Thu Apr 11 05:23:02 GMT 2002

>From: Harry =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=FCter?= <harry_rueter at gmx.de>
>To: Samba List <samba at lists.samba.org>
>Subject: Re: [Samba] Problem with "passd chat/passwd program"
>Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:48:46 +0200
>
>So do i have to activate "unix password sync" ?
>I think no, as my script will do the synchronization.

I'm assuming that your script is in the 'passwd program' setting.  If
so, then I think you'll have to turn 'unix passwd sync' on otherwise the
script won't run at all.  The UNIX password won't be sync-ed of course
(unless your script does that as well).

[The 'unix password sync' option is proably badly named.  It should be
something like 'external password sync']

                               Mac
          Assistant Systems Adminstrator @nibsc.ac.uk
                        dmccann at nibsc.ac.uk
   Work: +44 1707 654753 x285      Everything else: +44 7956 237670 (anytime)