[Samba] Problem with "passd chat/passwd program"

Harry Rüter harry_rueter at gmx.de
Wed Apr 10 05:50:04 GMT 2002

Hi List,
hi Mac !!!

Thanks for the answer and the SOLUTION !!!
The line
  "passwd chat= debug"
was the cause of error.

Changing it to
  "passwd chat debug = yes"
means it runs now !!!
Yeah it was very painful i didn't find the solution,
thanks again Mac !!!

But i have some little questions again.

I used the program smbpasswd as an example,
in fact i wannna use a selfwritten script,
that changes the passwords in my LDAP-Server
(posixAccount and smbAccount).

The posixAccount will be used for authentification
on my LINUX-Clients (via LDAP/PAM).

So do i have to activate "unix password sync" ?
I think no, as my script will do the synchronization.

Do you have any idea why the "add user script" - option
isn't activated ?

I read that " security = user" must be set to
" security = domain".

Will samba work correct as a PDC if i do this ?

Greets Harry