[Samba] Samba PDC + XP

mikko at fs.sorl.net mikko at fs.sorl.net
Wed Apr 10 03:03:03 GMT 2002

We already have 100Mbit nics and a switch and the
network performance is very good.
Power management on the server? I dont think
i have this enabled, at least not in the bios, I dont think
RH enables such by default either.
I have to look closer into what specific files that cause the problem.

/Mikko

At 08:05 2002-04-10, you wrote:

>I´ve faced this problem some times,too.
>In my case after upgrading the nics to 100MBit-lan and disabling the
>power management on the server the problem disappears.
>but this mgiht only helps me.....
>
>- Peter
>

>--
Hi,

I have a linux rh 7.2 box set up as a samba PDC.
It works fine, but occationally some files can not be found on the server
for some reason (when logging in to the domain). This loads the "Default
User" profile on the machine as
a temporary profile. Then I reboot the computer and it logs in fine
and loads the profile off the PDC with out complaining.
Did anyone else encounter this problem?
I'm running samba 2.2.3a.

/Mikko