[Samba] A problem in using Chinese Win2000 client with Samba

Richard C. L. Li clli at kagi.com
Tue Apr 9 19:26:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am using Traditional Chinese Windows 2000 Professional to connect a
Linux Sambe Server.  But I found that the Chinese filenames cannot
appears correctly.  I tried to copy some files with Chinese filenames to
my Linux samba server, and some characters in the filenames alters.  I
know I have configure the samba server correctly by choosing the correct
codepage=950.  What is the reason of this symptom?  Is it a bug?  Can I
overcome it, please help.

Thanks,
Richard Li