[Samba] Samba 2.2.3a and RID update: porting from commercial ADV ANCED SERVER FOR UNIX

PINTO ELIA PINTO.ELIA at insedia.interbusiness.it
Wed Apr 3 00:45:04 GMT 2002

I have installed samba 2.2.3a under SuSE 7.3 and i'm porting my environment
from a
commercial AS/U on Unix (PDC e BDC) on Samba on Linux. I've also the
necessity to preserve the SID of Domain e the RID of my user,  group and
machine account for a smooth e trasparent migration (no join domain and
ridefinition of acl on the client workstation). Is it possibile updating the
RID in Samba to a value of my choose (the same of AS/U that I know) ? The
same question is also valid for Samba 3.0 alpha17 that I am sperimenting
because I have the necessity of its trusting support.

Any help would be appreciated and sorry for my poor english.