[Samba] How to get a core dump from Samba

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon Apr 1 17:08:03 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I'm doing some experimental hacking around with Samba and
I've successfully broken the thing ;)  Now I want to capture a
core dump and use it to find out exactly what part of my poorly
written code is causing the sig 11.  The docs claim that Samba
should dump a core file somewhere, but I'm not finding it (I
searched the whole HDD)

I'm running Samba 2.2.3a on FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE.  Just
cvsupped the ports today and installed prior to starting my
hacking.

Is there something special I need to do during the build process
to tell Samba to make core files?

TIA,
Bill Moran