Security errors in the eventlog

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Fri Sep 28 06:13:02 GMT 2001

It appears to me that you are using Samba with security = server.  This
means that when a client attempts to access a share on samba, samba is going
to try to get authentication from one of the domain controllers in the NT
domain that you have specified in the 'workgroup='
parameter in the smb.conf file.  If the user gives a bad password, or
misspells his username, then you will see these events in the event log.
Nothing wrong with samba.
Hope this helps,
Don