IF MEMBER OF "GROUP" THEN

Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com
Thu Sep 27 08:02:03 GMT 2001

Hi,

There is an MS application called IFMEMBER.EXE (available in NT Resource Kit
I guess) that will do that job for you. You put it in the netlogon share and
add entries to the logon script. Here's an example:

----------------<---------------------
%logonserver%\netlogon\ifmember "domain group 1"
if not errorlevel 1 goto a
net use x: \\server\share
goto quit

:a
%logonserver%\netlogon\ifmember "domain group 2"
if not errorlevel 1 goto b
net use x: \\server\share
goto quit

:b
%logonserver%\netlogon\ifmember "domain group 3"
if not errorlevel 1 goto quit
net use x: \\server\share

:quit

And so on... I am not sure if this will work if your PDC is a Samba server.

cheers
Gustavo