Winbind slowing down entire system

Michels, Gustavo [EES/BR] gustavo.michels at emersonenergy.com
Thu Sep 27 07:44:04 GMT 2001

Hi,

The domain I am working on has about 5000 users (I don't know the number of
groups) and I haven't noticed any differences in samba functionality turning
those options off (apart from the slowdown in the system that stopped, of
course) and all my shares have their security defined by domain groups
through valid users entries in smb.conf. Looks the same as before for me,
that's great!

Even libnss_wins.so is working perfectly :-)

cheers
Gustavo