include ...%G... problem in Samba 2.2.1a

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Tue Sep 25 02:59:10 GMT 2001

On Tuesday 25 September 2001 03:14, Joel Hammer wrote:
> This question has come up before, and the last time the person just didn't
> seem to get it for a long time. So I will try to be more clear.
> THE INCLUDE FILES ARE IMPORTED AS THOUGH YOU HAD TYPED THEM IN.
> Your include file has [global] and other share definitions, all being stuck
> into the [global] section of your smb.conf file. Won't work. Can't.
> Joel

Allright, got that, but %G still doesn't/won't work. I used another approach
now, but that approach too fails miserably, as I tried to set up the
following:

[homes]
path = /home/%G/%U

This fails, too, %G isn't replaced by the proper meaning. That's what the bug
is about!

--
Yours sincerely,

	Heiko Wundram