include ...%G... problem in Samba 2.2.1a

Heiko Wundram heikowu at ceosg.de
Mon Sep 24 17:05:03 GMT 2001

Hello to all!

I have seen an earlier post on this issue on this list, but noone replied to
thatone, and that's why I'm going to post it again (and because I have to get
a job done... :))

I am using the following code in my smb.conf:

[global]

	<some definitions>

	include = /usr/lib/smbconf/%G.conf

	<some more definitions>

The documentation of include doesn't state that %G isn't allowed here, so I
assume that the above is a valid statement.

When I try to connect as user heikowu (member of group admins) to the server
(it's set up as a PDC), I can log on correctly, but the file

/usr/lib/smbconf/admins.conf

is never imported, and so the shares that are defined in it don't show up on
the browse list when I look for them in the network shares window on a Win98
client.

I turned on debugging level to 10, and browsed through the output.

What appeared there was that Samba did check whether a config file had to be
reloaded (Ip_<something function>), but never did a lookup of the above file
(although %G certainly is/should be available when a connection is made to a
share...).

I'm currently downloading and compiling the CVS HEAD-branch of Samba, and
maybe that will fix the problem. It would nevertheless be great if someone
could send me a short notice whether the problem that is described above is a
misunderstanding of myself, or whether the problem is a known bug.

The author of the other post (posted on 2001-07-29 12:11:29) said that this
worked with Samba 2.0.7...

Well anyways I want to congratulate all the developers of Samba for such a
fine piece of software!!!

I have appended the main Samba configuration file and the configuration file
for group admins that I use, if that is of any help!

--
Yours sincerely,

	Heiko Wundram