File Corruption with Samba 2.2.1a and Windows Clients?

Jeff McCune mccune.36 at osu.edu
Sat Sep 22 14:51:02 GMT 2001

I've getting some odd behavior with my Samba 2.2.1a file server on my LAN.
It seems that if some of my Windows 98 clients upload zip files to the
server, they don't get through intact.  After the file transfer, if I open
the file on any windows client in Winzip and use the test feature, there's
usually at least one file in the archive with a bad CRC checksum...  This
seems to only happen with Win98 clients, although out of 7 clients only 3
really upload to the server extensively.  One windows2000 client and two
windows98 clients.  I don't know if the problem is limited to zips.  I only
noticed them because winzip complains if CRC's don't match.  The only other
files sent to the server are MP3's and bin/cue's which don't really complain
if they're corrupt.

Does anyone know what the problem is / have a link to a fix or
documentation?  I'm running RedHat 7.1 with kernel 2.4.8 on the server.
Initial searches on google didn't turn up much useful information.

Thanks in advance.