can't connect samba to samba

Robert Styma stymar at agcs.com
Thu Sep 20 10:32:03 GMT 2001

I ran into this message getting an HP/UX 11 box to talk to a Solaris 8
box which was the PDC.  I had to add a machine account to on the PDC
box (styma5) and tell the other box (styma6) to join the domain.

Add machine account:
smbpasswd -a -m styma6

Join domain for the HP/UX box.

On Styma6, to join the STYMA domain with the server named styma5, execute:
smbpasswd -j STYMA -r styma5