can't connect samba to samba

Drenning Bruce bdrenni at catholicrelief.org
Thu Sep 20 09:26:02 GMT 2001

I'm running 2.0.10 on Linux (rh 7.1). I can map drives to my Linux servers
from any Win clients. I can smbclient or smbmount from any of the Linux
servers to any of our Win servers. However I can't smbclient/smbmount from
Linux to Linux. I get a message:

session setup failed: ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password - name/password pair
in a Tree Connect or Session setup are invalid.)

I get this message whether I type the correct password or not. Is samba
somehow mangling the passwords in a way that doesn't affect windows, but
does affect other samba PCs?