Problem with multiple interfaces

Bernard Gallet bernard at gallet.org
Wed Oct 31 14:26:06 GMT 2001

I have two network cards. I am trying to have samba working on the
secondary card. It works, however, it is painfully slow. If I download
the file as an http request, it takes around 10s. However, the same file
takes minutes with Samba. My relevant configuration is:
[global]
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   guest account = nobody
   invalid users = root
   workgroup = WORKGROUP
   server string = %h (Samba %v)
   socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096
SO_RCVBUF=4096
   wins support = no
   wins server = 192.168.1.101	; I also tried without...
   name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
   interfaces = eth1 192.168.1.0/24 127.0.0.1
   bind interfaces only=True
   socket address=192.168.1.5
[test]
  path=/var/shared
  browseable=no
  public=no
  #hosts deny=0.0.0.0/0
  #hosts allow=192.168.1.0/24

I do not know what to do now. It is slow from a Windows XP client, a
Windows 98 Client, a Mac client (Dave) and a Linux box with smbclient.

- Bernard Gallet -