network settings

Ron Ott ronott at gmx.ch
Wed Oct 31 12:00:30 GMT 2001

hi all

since three days we've got our personal webserver. now i've installed samba
2.0.5a on it. while we were perparing the machine we set the net-settings
like this:

ip                192.168.1.23
network      192.168.1.0
broadcast    192.168.1.255
netmask        255.255.255.0

now we moved the machine to the outher side of the firewall with the
following settings

ip                192.168.2.xx
network      192.168.2.0
broadcast    192.168.2.255
netmask        255.255.255.0

when i run smbclient -U% -L localhost i get an error-msg beginning with

Added interface ip=192.168.1.23 bcast =192.168.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0

it seems that samba tooks the old settings but i wonder where they come
from. i installed samba after changing the net-settings and it never run on
this machine before.... anyone knows what's wrong?

best regards

ron