How to share files/directory to the members of the group?

LouisVoo louis at allsofts.com
Mon Oct 29 05:00:06 GMT 2001

Hi,

    I just finished install and configure samba as a PDC.  My w2k and w98
can login wihtout any problem.

    I have a share directory call "files" in the samba server.  The
permission of this directory is set to 775 and the owner is set to
root:mygroup.  When I login from w98/w2k, then I create a directory under
"files" directory, and the directory permission is automatic set to 755,
owner is louis:mygroup.  My problem is how can I configure when I create a
file/directory and it will automatically share to mygroup members, i.e the
permission is set to 775?

In my smb.conf I have this
[files]
    comment = public files