Major problem, I can see other's data!

Conlan Adams conlan.adams at countryfresh.com
Fri Oct 26 05:27:03 GMT 2001

its probably the umask setting, when a file is created in a unix
environment, it sets the default permissions to the systems umask settings.
Umask, (i think) is reverse from chmod permissions (at least in unix)
therefore a umask of 022 would be full rights for the owner, read rights for
the group members and world.  a umask similar to 077 may be closer to what
you want, user has full rights, the group and world have none.

I think samba has a umask setting in it, but i'm not sure if it follows
chmod style permissions or standerd linux umask style,

-Conlan