twice delete a directory before it really is deleted

Edmund Lam epl at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Oct 25 21:59:03 GMT 2001

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Martin Stuij wrote:

> But I noticed an other strange thing.
>
> I've upgraded samba from 2.0.7 > 2.2.2
>
> But when I have made a directory in windows and I delete that directory in
> the left side of the windows explorer, it will not delete. When I do this
> twice it is deleted.
>
> When I delete the directory at the right side of the windows explorer, there
> is no problem.
>
> When I use samba 2.0.7 it works also every time.
>
> What do I wrong in the conf of samba 2.2.2 or is it a bug?

   I believe I've seen this bug too. However, I have a different
interpretation of why it happens. I've submitted a bug report at the
following

http://bugs.samba.org/cgi-bin/samba-bugs/incoming?id=21897;user=guest

   I believe this bug occurs when you try to delete a directory which has
opened subdirectories. Furthermore, it only occurs on Windows 2000 on
Samba-2.2.x. I've tested Samba-2.0.10 and it doesn't seem to have this
bug.

   Can you confirm that this bug only occurs with W2K clients please? Can
you also confirm that it isn't with Windows Explorer per sec, but with
opened subdirectories?

Thanks

Eddie

PS Does anybody know where old versions of Samba source kept. I had
difficulty tracking down old pristine releases of Samba.