twice delete a directory before it really is deleted

Chris Cowsley chris.cowsley at ntlworld.com
Fri Oct 26 03:39:04 GMT 2001

I've seem something similar on W98SE, but in my case windows could still see
the file after root had deleted it at the Linux console.

I've also had difficulty getting W98 to see updated versions of files when
the modifications have originated at other smb clients or the Linux console.

I put it down to newbieness infecting a config somewhere, and added it to a
long list of such issues which are steadily evaporating as the newbieness
fades.  But maybe this one's real?

Chris

Samba 2.0.10 on SuSE 6.4

.