Solaris compiler environment trampled by GNUs

Joseph Loo jloo at acm.org
Thu Oct 25 07:06:03 GMT 2001

Try the following site: http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc.html

I use the following script on my linux box as a regular user (installs
in /usr/local)

#!/bin/bash
prog=gcc-3.0.1
rm -rf $prog
rm -f $prog.tar
cp ~/language/C/$prog.tar.gz ~/tmp
cd ~/tmp
gunzip $prog.tar.gz
tar -xf $prog.tar
cd $prog
./configure
make

After you are finish, do a maek install as root.

If you do not want to use /usr/local you can change the location using
./configure prefix==/opt/gnu...
I believe Sun suggest you install it in the /opt directory.

--
Joseph Loo
jloo at acm.org