Samba 2.2.2 on 2.2.19+

Chris Tooley ctooley at amoa.org
Tue Oct 23 08:10:08 GMT 2001

I've got a heavily patched version of the 2.2.19 kernel (acl-0.7.10
patches from acl.bestbits.at, PPTP patches, RAID patches, and IDE
controller patches (for Promise cards from mingo?)) and I was wondering
if this vesion of the acl patch worked with the acl support in Samba.
While rebuilding the RPMS (which I finally worked around the locking
problem, I had to shut samba down to do a compile?? Not sure why.) I
notice this:

checking for _acl... no
checking for __acl... no
checking for _facl... no
checking for __facl... no

but I've got a lot of files with ACL's on them and they seem to be
obeyed by Samba 2.2.0 at the moment.

Chris Tooley